Complete Oral Exam
During your initial visit to Flash Smile Dental, we will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums. The first appointment is also a great opportunity for you to get to know the doctor and the practice and for them to get to know you. Through the wide variety of services that we offer, we can tailor a plan to match your individual needs and desires.
The first exam, as well as subsequent check-up visits will include:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We use special dental instruments to check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: We examine the condition of existing fillings, crowns, etc.
- Oral Cancer Screening: We examine your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.